Monday, November 14, 2011

Project "A Day in Our Life" | Killeen Family Photographer




Project "A Day in Our Life"
I've been thinking about doing this project for a while and am really excited to try it!  The whole idea is to have pictures of your family going through a normal day in their lives for one whole day.  It's super simple.  You pick a date, keep a camera on you at all times (can be ANY type of camera), and snap pictures of everything all day long.  You take the baby out of her crib?  Click!  Dropping your children off a school and watching them walk away?  Click!  Someone doesn't want to ever eat the peas on her plate and looks at them in disgust?  Click!  Have a little one that insists on opening the mailbox?  Click!  Brushing teeth?  Click!  Brave enough to sneak a shot after they finally go to sleep?  Click!  


At the end of the day, you'll have an entire day documented.  Upload all your pictures and pick out the best ones that showcase your day.  It's that easy!  I plan on doing this at least one day a year until my children don't allow me to anymore.  


So how are we going to include everyone in this?  We want to share our days with you and would love to see yours!  At first, I had no intention of making this a contest of sorts but the prize will be really good!  Read on to find out what it is...


Project:
Capture your entire day in pictures!  Snap everything with any camera you have available.  We are simply wanting memories captured here.  The submission dates will be Dec 1-31.


How to enter:
Comment below!  Tell us why you're entering and what date you think you'll capture (we won't hold you to it, we know schedules are crazy).  


How to submit entries:
Pick up to 12 pictures to showcase the day you captured.  You're welcome to edit and combine them however you like but it's not required.  Email the pictures to me at Normanphotography@ymail.com.  I'll put them on a storyboard or slideshow on the blog along with the other participants.  Send me a description about your day between 300-350 words.  


How to win:
On January 2, I'll post a link to all the submissions.  Announce your link to your friends and family via email, Facebook, twitter, ect.  Have them like our Facebook page (we'll verify this) & then comment on your album! You must get 25 comments to be eligible to win.  


What you will win:
For the album with the most comments on the blog (past 25), we will take all your pictures and publish them in an 8x10 softcover album for you to have!  We'll edit them for you if you'd like and do a custom design including the description of your day.  These albums retail with us for $150.  We print them from Millers Lab and you can see what it'll be like here.   They are really nice!  


You didn't win?  It's ok.  You can mark "capture a day in the life of the kids" off your to do list for the year.  And if you'd like the pictures made into an album anyway, we'll give a great discount to all the participants!




Are you in?  

You must comment below to enter!  You can enter anytime between now and Dec 31, as long as you email your pictures to me by midnight of December 31.  Feel free to email any questions to Normanphotography@ymail.com

Good luck! And to help out with what this project might look like, Sarah and I will each be doing a day before the contest starts as examples!    

Now scroll down and comment to enter!!!  Feeling extra fuzzy today?  Share on your Facebook page that we're doing this so others can participate to win!  You could say something like, "Check out @Norman Photography!  They are hosting a photography project called "A Day in Our Life" where you might can get your family pictures published and have fun at the same time!"







6 comments:

  1. I know mine will be very last minute as I want to include my oldest and she will be here Dec 22. But I want to capture the day with my girls as we survive this deployment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will capture next week (can't say what day). Hopefully, I have a GREAT SURPRISE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting! I'm gonna give it a try. I'll have to get back to you on day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to see entries already! The day isn't really relevant, I was just curious really lol. Lucero, you have me anxious to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like so much fun! I'm in! The problem will be finding a day I have off to click away all day!

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely going something I want to participate in! Christmas day tomorrow=perfect!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete